Cinema and Media Studies Undergraduate Advising
Students must make an appointment to initiate a change of major or for pre-registration advising.
Before you come in, you may want to look over the advising form for the Cinema and Media Studies major (requires PDF reader software).
Advising is mandatory every semester for pre-registration.
Make an advising appointment as soon as you receive your registration appointment.
Checklist for preregistration advising:
1. Set up a preregistration advising appointment. Appointments fill up quickly, so be sure to book early!
2. Check Testudo to see what blocks must be cleared before you can register for classes.
3. Run an audit in UAchieve to assess the requirements for the major, the College, and the degree that you need to meet.
4. Review the Schedule of Classes posted online at www.testudo.umd.edu.
5. Select your proposed courses, using the course list sent to Cinema and Media Studies majors and the course descriptions posted on the Cinema and Studies Program website.
6. If you cannot keep your appointment, please cancel it to free up the space for someone else.