Persian Studies Courses
Roshan Institute remains committed to providing a diverse, rigorous curriculum that offers students the opportunity to achieve a high level of proficiency in the Persian language as well as attain a broader understanding of Persian culture, history, art, and literature.
Furthermore, in line with institutions of higher education across the nation and in support of University of Maryland priorities related to diversity and inclusion, Roshan Institute is responding to the need for a diverse and inclusive learning environment.
See the Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs for a full list of our course offerings and Testudo for our current courses.
Degree Program Requirements
Please consult the program pages for requirements about each degree:
- Elementary Persian II
- Intermediate Persian II
- Advanced Persian II
- Modern Iran (Karamustafa)
- Digital Art and Media in Iran and Its Diaspora
- Contemporary Iranian Culture
- Art by Iranian Women
- Performing Arts of Iran
- Advanced Literacy Skills in Persian
- Political, Economic, and Social Thought in Today’s Iran
- Translation of Contemporary Persian Texts
- Masterpieces of Modern Persian Literature
- Masterpieces of 20th-Century Persian Literature
- The Islamicate World 2.0: Studying Islamic Cultures through
- Computational Textual Analysis
- Experiential Learning