Come with fresh eyes and mind to study with us, to collaborate, to speak and be heard, to act and celebrate.
A degree from the School of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures will expand your ability to
- work with people from a range of cultures,
- sharpen your social acumen,
- thoughtfully contribute to dialogues about and within multiple languages and cultures, and
- speak, read, and write in more than one language.
Learn more about our undergraduate and graduate programs below.
- Arabic Studies (B.A.)
- Central European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies (B.A.)
- Chinese (B.A.)
- Cinema and Media Studies (B.A.)
- French Language & Literature (B.A.)
- Germanic Studies (B.A.)
- Italian Language & Literature (B.A.)
- Japanese (B.A.)
- Persian Studies (B.A.)
- Romance Languages (B.A.)
- Russian Language, Literature & Culture (B.A.)
- Spanish Language, Literature & Cultures (B.A.)
The Language House Living and Learning Program
Learn about this immersive residential program.
Special Programs in Arabic and Persian
Less Commonly Taught Languages
Study a less commonly taught language through the Big Ten Academic Alliance CourseShare program.