The application period has now closed.
The University of Maryland’s School of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures (SLLC) Summer Language Institute offers language and culture programs for Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced students of Arabic and Persian. These programs run for approximately 10 weeks from June 1 - August 5, 2016 and feature the following:
• Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced level training
• Time with language partners for additional support, speaking practice, and tutoring
• Competitive Summer Institute Scholarships available to help offset the cost of attendance
• A focus on building listening comprehension skills through media and current events
• Proximity to Washington, DC, allowing for a rich calendar of weekly cultural events and lectures, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with government and business professionals
• Small class sizes, 22 contact hours per week, and dedicated faculty and staff members